Jan. 26, 2010, 7 a.m. by SMARTBRIDE
Tip from the Expert: What is Included in Wedding Invitations?
For the month of January, SmartBride Boutique is showcasing various wedding tips from the experts. Check back daily for helpful tips and advice as you plan your wedding.
Today's tip is from Laura K Design.
One of the things I find many couples aren’t clear on when they come for an initial consultation is the idea of what is included in a wedding invitation and this is because there are often many variations. Sometime everything is a la carte and other times you can get package options.
While I can't speak for all invitation companies, the general rule of thumb for most invitation sets sees a basic package including the following:
- Invitation + envelope
- Reply card + envelope
Some couples opt not to send a reply card, choosing to have guests RSVP by phone or email so a 2 piece package (with just the invitation and envelope) is also available. Still others choose to have the reply card be a postcard, so that paper is minimized, but something is still returned via the mail. As you can see, it is really all about personal preference!
All other items (or finishing touches as I call them) such as envelope addressing, maps, programs, place cards, menus (the list is literally endless – and so much fun!) are priced separately because each couples needs and budgets are different.
About Laura K
Laura K Beauparlant has been working as a professional graphic designer for 11 years and started her business, Laura K Design over 6 years ago. She specializes in bold, modern and beautifully different invitations and has become a subject matter expert on everything to do with wedding stationery.
More Tips from the Experts
- How to choose a bouquet for your wedding dress from Apricot Avenue
- How to have a great photo session from Blue Print Events
- How to work with a wedding planner from Rocky Mountain Events
- "I Do's" for wedding hair from BSuite Salon & Spa
- How to ensure your day goes smoothly from Hotel Place D'Armes
- How to stay sane when planning your wedding from Great Events
- How to choose a wedding photographer from Flow Photo
- How to pick a wedding date from Fancy Divas
- How to have a green wedding from Green Bride Guide
- How to buy a once worn wedding dress from SmartBride Boutique
- How to use feathers in your wedding theme from Sparkle & Shine Events
- How to best use your photographers time from DarbiG
- How to know if you need a planner from Talen Events
- How to have a great honeymoon from Firefly Occasions
- How to get designer wedding style for less from SmartBride Boutique
- How to use illustrations to personalize your wedding from Astrid Mueller