2010-01-27 07:00:00 by SMARTBRIDE
Tip from the Expert: How to Choose Your Wedding Bouquet
For the month of January, SmartBride Boutique is showcasing various wedding tips from the experts. Check back daily for helpful tips and advice as you plan your wedding.
Today's tip is from Trillium Floral Designs.
Flowers play an important part in establishing the tone and style for your wedding. They can either be a focal point in your decor or blend in with your setting. Flowers also show a lot about your personality and style. Are you an artistic individual? Do you prefer simple designs or bold, vibrant ones? To help you decide on flowers for your wedding, we've compiled a few questions you should consider.
Once you've chosen the colour scheme for your wedding, the decision on the colours of your flowers should be easy. You can choose to use one or two colours from your scheme, but not more than four.
You should also decide what style of bouquets you would like. The various bouquet styles are cascade, tear drop, arm or a hand-tied. I personally prefer the hand-tied style because they can be used as centerpieces on your head table for the reception!
The style of your bouquets should also reflect your weddings' location, size and season. If your ceremony will be held in a large, ornate church, you will need bouquets that will stand out and not disappear in the background. If you're having a small, intimate wedding, consider only holding a couple stems of gerbera daisies or calla lilies tied with a small ribbon. The season of your wedding is definitely important to consider, especially if your favorite flower isn't available all year round (it could be very expensive to import from elsewhere if not locally available).
Once you have picked out your bouquets, design your reception arrangements around the same style to create continuity across your decor. Happy planning!
About Trillium Floral Designs
Trillium Floral Designs, established in 2000, is located in Ottawa, Ontario. Specializing in modern and exotic arrangements, Trillium Floral works to ensure that each and every bouquet is tailored to each individual client in its distinctiveness and attention to detail. Beyond weddings, Trillium Floral Designs provides decor and arrangements for many community and special events, and has been recognized by the Chamber of Commerce as Retailer of the Year Award for 4 years.
More Tips from the Experts
- How to choose a bouquet for your wedding dress from Apricot Avenue
- How to have a great photo session from Blue Print Events
- How to work with a wedding planner from Rocky Mountain Events
- "I Do's" for wedding hair from BSuite Salon & Spa
- How to ensure your day goes smoothly from Hotel Place D'Armes
- How to stay sane when planning your wedding from Great Events
- How to choose a wedding photographer from Flow Photo
- How to pick a wedding date from Fancy Divas
- How to have a green wedding from Green Bride Guide
- How to buy a once worn wedding dress from SmartBride Boutique
- How to use feathers in your wedding theme from Sparkle & Shine Events
- How to best use your photographers time from DarbiG
- How to know if you need a planner from Talen Events
- How to have a great honeymoon from Firefly Occasions
- How to get designer wedding style for less from SmartBride Boutique
- How to use illustrations to personalize your wedding from Astrid Mueller
- What is included in wedding invitations from Laura K Design