2012-04-25 06:00:00 by SMARTBRIDE
Planning an Eco-Chic Wedding Day
Looking for tips and advice on how to plan an eco-friendly wedding? These days, there are tons of resources and tips out there, but sometimes you don't always have the time to search everything out.
Never fear! We've pulled together 5 recent blog posts chock full of tips and resources for planning a wedding that minimizes impact and overall footprint.
Happy green planning!
5 quick green wedding tips:
- Digital Prints: Choose a photographer who can create a digital scrapbook rather than a more traditional printed photo album.
- Online RSVPs. Create a wedding website for your guests that will include an RSVP option. In addition to being green, this will save you from paying postage and will eliminate the cost of paper RSVP cards.
- Change Your Reception Perception. Instead of having a large reception with a full meal, consider having a cocktail reception. Not only does this give you an opportunity to mingle with your guests, but it can also save you some cash.
- Green Transportation. You can easily go greener by encouraging car pooling and selecting a venue that has a hotel within walking distance, so that out-of-town guests can walk to your wedding and/or reception.
- A Green Gown. Consider natural fibres for your wedding attire like a silk-bamboo blend, or even better, check out a gently used wedding dress. You can shop locally and swap stories with a former bride in the process!