2012-12-10 07:00:00 by SMARTBRIDE
2013 Destination Wedding Guide
Destination Weddings are a growing trend! Taking your family and friends away for your wedding generally lets you spend more quality time with your closest guests, and can be an adventure for all involved. Logistically, they can be slightly more challenging, but very special, intimate and rewarding.
Are YOU a Destination Bride?
Scroll below for the full guide, expert advice and inspiration for your destination wedding venues, gowns, hair, makeup, decor and more! Plus check out our Trash the Dress photos from destinations around the world!
Here are some interesting tidbits about destination weddings that might play into your decision (all stats from The Knot.com Survey):
DID YOU KNOW?
- The average total destination wedding spend is $20,890 (not including honeymoon, engagement ring or travel expenses).
- 24% of all weddings are destination weddings
- Destination weddings have an average of 86 guests
- 70% of destination weddings take place in the continental US
- 51% of destination wedding couples use a wedding planner
- The top five domestic destination wedding locations include: Florida (18%), California (13%), Nevada (9%), North Carolina (5%) and South Carolina (4%)
- The top five international destination wedding destinations include: Caribbean (39%), Mexico (24%), Hawaii (20%), Central/South America (7%) and Europe (6%).
- Destination wedding events are longer than the average wedding, with most (60%) lasting three or more days.
- Of the couples who plan a group activity, more than half (53%) cover the cost for at least some of their guests.
- Nearly 9 in 10 couples still plan to take a honeymoon after the wedding, with 7 in 10 of them honeymooning in their wedding locale – either for part of the honeymoon or the whole trip.
SmartBride has prepared a handy Destination Weddings Guide with everything you need to get started. First deciding whether a destination wedding is right for you, getting inspired by destination weddings from the Caribbean, U.S. and around the world, and reading tips and tricks from wedding experts in hair, makeup, wedding fashion, video, invitations and more.
All the while, we try to help you prioritize your budget and decide where to splurge and where to save. You'll enjoy all the destination wedding contests and deals we've pulled for you too!
Take a look at the entire destination wedding guide below.
Choosing a Destination Wedding Location:
Book your destination wedding today with a Sunwing Wedding Specialist
Green Destination Weddings:
Destination Wedding Style:
Inspiration, Expert Tips, Contests, Deals & More: